The project aspires to bridge traditional industrial design programs with ergonomics, usability concepts and user experience approaches with a specific focus on vulnerable generations.
It intends to address the need to modernize and develop educational programs with a specific focus on vulnerable generations and, ultimately, being a milestone towards the modernization of design education.
- To analyze and study the current status of research and innovative practices on design for vulnerable generations and methodologies for involving children and elderly subjects in product design;
- On this basis, to elaborate a competences portfolio and educational programmes aimed at training students and employees in enterprises in designing and developing human-centered complex products that integrate advanced technological innovations for vulnerable generations;
- To erform pilot educational programmes on design for vulnerable generations;
- To multiply impact through a vulnerable generation compliant award and a searchable database accessible online aimed at facilitating knowledge management;
- To analyze transferability of results obtained towards and from different target groups (e.g. disabled people) and different geographic contexts (e.g. USA and other developed countries);
- To identify sustainability pathways aimed at fostering university-enterprise collaboration on concrete design and innovation projects
- A report on the current status of research and innovative practices on design for vulnerable generations
- A competences portfolio and educational programme
- A report on the evaluation of pilot seminars
- A Vulnerable generation compliant award
- A searchable database accessible online
- A transferability and sustainability report
News and Events
- Extended deadline for ID&A special issue!
[05.28.2014] The deadline to submit a paper on ID&A special issue on "Design for children and older people - Educating the Next Generation of Designers" has been extended ...
- DEVICE AWARD WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!
[02.22.2014] The first prize winner of DEVICE BEST PRACTISE AWARD for design targeted at vulnerable generations - children and elderly people is ” Developmentally Situated Des...
- IDC2014 Workshop: Curriculum or Not
[03.03.2014] IDC2014 Workshop: Curriculum or Not – Show Us How You Teach Interaction Design and Children! The workshop will be held during Interaction Design and Children 2014 confe...