DEVICE Design Award 2014 – Call for submissions
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR DEVICE DESIGN AWARD 2014: The deadline for DEVICE design award submission is extended to January 31st 2014.
The DEVICE design award is the first step in order to establish an international EU funded award of excellence in designing for vulnerable generations - children and elderly. The award is initiated by the EU funded project Design for Vulnerable Generations – Children and Elderly (DEVICE), which aims to bridge traditional industrial design programs with ergonomics, usability concepts and user experience approaches with a specific focus on vulnerable generations.
The DEVICE award is targeted to different types of design fields, and is divided into one student category and one category for professionals. Submissions describing innovative products and services or design methodology for working with vulnerable generations are equally welcome. The call is now open, and the deadline for submission is January 10th, 2014. The submission should be sent in the template available at this link using the Easy Chair system accessible at this link: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=device2014.
Submissions are evaluated based on their
- Contribution to the development of design for vulnerable generations
- Involvement of vulnerable generations in the design process
- Use of innovative and explorative approaches towards materials/methods
- The connection between the vulnerable generations and their context
- Contribution to improving or adding to facilities, products or services for vulnerable generations
- Contribution to method development for vulnerable generations design
The winner will be invited to take part in the award ceremony in Italy on March 7, 2014, to accept the DEVICE Award Diploma and to present the winning work.
News and Events
- DEVICE AWARD WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!
[02.22.2014] The first prize winner of DEVICE BEST PRACTISE AWARD for design targeted at vulnerable generations - children and elderly people is ” Developmentally Situated Des...
- IDC2014 Workshop: Curriculum or Not
[03.03.2014] IDC2014 Workshop: Curriculum or Not – Show Us How You Teach Interaction Design and Children! The workshop will be held during Interaction Design and Children 2014 confe...
- Final event agenda is now available!
[02.23.2014] You can find final event agenda here....